Why are we surprised? (Jiffy Lube TV exposé)

I was talking more on the commission side, than the receiving side, but, yes, I live in the country for this reason amongst others.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Whatever they went to jail for, it wasn't theft. That's crazy. Fraud, maybe, if the extra service was actually paid for. If you didn't pay for the service, then it's not that either. I do think it's plenty illegal, even if it just falls under bunko laws. They're everywhere.

Reply to
Joe

Smaller towns that are likely to do that, are generally too small for a jiffy luve. They'd also be too small for the apparant APV they have, it seems. Of course, if costas gave us the city, it'd be pretty easy to prove/disprove.

Personally, i think its a crock.

Reply to
flobert

I took my daughter's new car for an oil change (600 miles ) and they told me it needed a new gas filter. I looked at the one in their hand and it was old and filthy. Good bye Jiffy Lube forever.

Reply to
Irwin Opper

This reminds me of a (fictional) story I read years ago, where the "hero" worked in a garage with an old mechanic who cheated everyone. His two favorite tools: a spray can of black paint, and a spray can of silver paint. Depending on what color the old part was, he'd just repaint it to look like a new one, then charge the customer for a new part.

Reply to
Dsorgnzd