******* MYTH OF TIRE ROTATION...... ***************

Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...

Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to gain.

BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.

TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, YOU ASKED YOU TO ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS. MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING OVER HILL.....Heehee.........

Reply to
Jakthehammer

Tire rotation refers to the regular practice of switching the tires...

Purpose: Tire rotation helps to equalize tread wear and is critical to gain.

BULLSHIT! TIRES USUALLY LAST 2.5 YRS, NOT 4-YRS.

TIRE COMPANIES WANT TO MAKE THING APPEARS LONGER, THEY ASKED YOU TO ROTATE. YOU LOSE TRACTIONS. MY ADVICE IS TO KEEP THE DRIVING WHEEL WITH MORE THREADS, THAT SHOULD BE YOUR CRITICAL CONCERN. ACCIDENT HAPPENS IN WINTER/RAINING SEASON DUE TO INSUFFICIENT THREAD, NO TRACTION = FLIPPING OVER HILL.....Heehee.........

Reply to
Jakthehammer

I am worried about you Jack. You rotate tires for two reasons. 1. Slightly out of line frontends will wear edges of tires, not to mention the turning you do that wears them faster. 2. YOU WANT YOUR BEST TIRES ON THE STEARING AXLE!!!! More wrecks are caused by the loss of stearing control than skidding.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Dickson

"Threads" (sic) and "stearing" (sic). Where will this ever end? FK

Reply to
Fred Kasner

Bullshit... You don't know what you're talking about, all the things you worried are in your imaginative insect brain.... Many times I listened to the dumbfuck mechanics I find myself regretting. Your theory cannot be used with different Driving wheels, Front as supposed to Rear.... It depends on the weights also. Rotating is Bad for users, good for the tire companies because it extends the life of your tires making them appear long lasting but you know what? many accidents occurred because of you DumbFuck people telling non-experience your Bullshit........

Reply to
McCain's Economy is BUSH BullS

Yeah - those bastards - telling me how to make my tires last longer. You aren't serious!?

Rotating does in fact extend the usable life of the tires by evening out and distributing minor treadwear irregularities (won't much make up for bad alignment or abusive driving). It does not harm anything - handling, traction, whatever. Causes accidents? You're nuts.

Bill Putney

no shit, sherlock. Why even bother feeding the troll?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

That's quite obvious.

NIce pkb, dip.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

It has yet to be shown whether tire rotation causes polygamy. Correlation is not causation.

Reply to
Don Lancaster

Try explaining that to the arch-liar Al Gore.

Look up Loehle 2007 btw ! There's a decent article here ....

Interestingly Loehle used 18 data sets, not the ONE (bristlecone pine tree rings) used by Mann.

It seems that our climate today is bang on the median line for the last

2000 yrs.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Why do you say that. I'm not the OP. I'm the one making the case for rotating tires.

Again - what is your basis for that? And what is 'pkb' (I assume it's negative)?

Bill Putney

That was not written by Gary L. Burnore. It was written by me.

What are you talking about?

Bill Putney