wondering about carb value.

What would be the value of a Carter Thermoquad 4972s these days? I believe it was a '71 340 standard trans carb.

Reply to
lotsatime

Depends on who's restoring a '71 manual trans 340 car and how much they want to spend to be "correct." :-)

I'd GUESS it would be in the $50- $80 range for a "core" carb that needs a rebuild but isn't broken or damaged, to a the $250-300 for an immaculately restored and tuned carb with all the correct fasteners and markings.

Post on alt.hi-po.mopars or moparts.com for guys who are more up on the latest prices.

Reply to
Steve