WTB 1973 Plymouth Satellite steering gear box

Anyone have one in good working condition? I am located in Dallas. Thanks!

Reply to
Rocket

You may wish to indicate whether it is a manual or power assisted box. Steering gear boxes were used across many models and years, so it shouldn't be to hard to find one. There are several web-based salvage yards, and eBay is another possibility.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

firmfeel.com builds really nice steering boxes -- I have one of their Stage 1 boxes on my Newport (I know, C-body not B-body) and have had no complaints.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Chrysler only used two power steering boxes through the 60s-80s on rear-drive vehicles: one for pickups (a Saginaw) and an in-house designed unit for cars. A, B, C, D, E, F, M, and J bodies ALL used the same power box from at least 1965 through 1989. A- and B- bodies did use a different size output shaft on the box prior to about 1970, but after that (and the whole time with C and D bodies) the boxes interchange across all lines and years, barring firmness which is determined by reaction washers inside the box.

FWIW, I recently rolled the dice and tried a rebuilt Chrysler PS box from NAPA (actually a local club member recommended it based on his experience, so it wasn't a total gamble). I specified the "police car" box which is roughly the equivalent of a Firm Feel Stage II, and I'm pretty happy with it. I think its just a tick too stiff for my taste, but I'd rather err on that side rather than too overboosted. The police box was around $180 after core return, a "standard" box is around $140 after core return. The box functions perfectly, no leaks or anything (yet).

Reply to
Steve