'Diesel additive minimum level'

Hi,

My Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI gives me the message "Diesel additive minimum level", took the car to the dealer.

They refilled the additive tank reset the cars computer, but I still get the same error 'Diesel additive minimum level' when starting the car and running it for about 60 sec.

I unmounted the additive tank and checked that there is some additive in it, and it seems to be full.

What can I do to correct the problem? How is the additive detected? Can there be a sensor problem?

Br. TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Hi seen this problem before .After completely zero resetting of EVERYTHING , checking parameters carefully ,and checking wiring found additive e.c.u faulty (contradicting itself) .all the best mark

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com

Hi,

"additive e.c.u faulty" Where is it located?

Br. Thomas

MARK B peugeot m.t. wrote:

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

For my own education, what diesel additive? Can't it run on the normal stuff from the pumps?

Reply to
Malc

Hi,

No, that's special additive (called "cerine") which is necessary for 1st generation particles filter. I (and others) explained that in previous posts 1 month ago or so. I may well rewrite it if you need to.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

It?s for reducing pollution.

Make can you tell me where the additive e.c.u is located.

TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Off the top of my head its in the passenger compartment behind he glovebox. BUT if you post your chassis number i can check it EXACTLY on infotec for you.

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com

HI Mark,

The no. is VF38BRHSF 81517234

Do I just replace the additive e.c.u?

Then it's ok again?

TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Hi Mark,

I checked.

There is a black box, 10cm times 10 cm with a 16 pol connector.

I Unpluged the box, turned the ignition but I still get the 'Diesel additive minimum level' fault.

I guess it's not the correct box.

Could it be a sensor error? from additiv pump or the injector in the diesel tank?

TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Thats it alright mate,just by disconnecting this e.c.u. doesn't mean to say it's good if the message still comes up ,the reason being it's telling false information/contradicting itself when the additive tank has being filled. You need a new e.c.u then configurating at your dealers ... let me know how you get on ...mark

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com

Hi Mark,

App. what should this cost, I mean e.c.u and configuration.

TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Hi Mark,

App. what should this cost, I mean e.c.u and configuration.

TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

Hi,

I have not changed the FAP E.C.U yet the error 'Diesel additive minimum level' still comes on but the car drives perfectly.

Do you think that the FAP E.C.U workes ok, injecting additive into the diesel fuel when topping up the diesel tank, and FAP filter regeneration process.

Is it safe to continue driving the without renewing the FAP E.C.U?

Br. TIH

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com