AX starter motor

Hello,

Citroen AX 1.1 First (1991). Starter motor does not turn when starting, the solenoid seems to be stuck. Tapping it with the back of a screwdriver helps but I d not want to do that all the time so am trying to replace it. I loosened 2 bolts but the starter is still stuck so I reckon there is a 3rd bolt. Before I remove all the hoses and wirings, can anyone point me in the right direction where I can find the 3rd bolt? Also, I am trying to read any stored codes with the green-wire-to-ground method. When I put the wire to ground the engine light lights up but does not give any codes, even not code 12. When connecting the green wire I noticed it had a permanent short with the brown wire in the connector. I thought the engine light testlighted every time the engine was started, it turned out to be not. So, anyone having an idea why I am not getting any codes? Its the Bosch controller by the way.

Cheers, Timo

Reply to
Timo Wildschut