Best Cit?

Made a ballot, you can vote and add choices.

fun

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author 2Rowdy aka inspired me,

Oh, feel free to copy/paste the link.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wot's a "CS"? If it's a C5, then where's the CX?

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

I don't know what a CS is. You are the expert here ;-) But someone must know what it is, it reveived one vote so far. You can add choices. Anyone can. So far the XM appears to be winning with 8 votes, it received my vote, naturally.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So did "tea"....

I've done that...

You're strange... No *way* is an XM the best Citroen. Not in any area, except perhaps "best compromise" - and I don't think it's even that.

And, yes, I do still have my XM.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Lemon tea?

GS?

that.

Rest my case :-)

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nope.

It's a marginally better car in some ways than the CX was, but in others it's worse. In some ways, a ZX diesel is a far better can than the XM. In others, a 2cv is far better. Less has gone wrong than the CX, but what has gone wrong has been a *right* pain in the arse, and in some cases, effectively unsolvable.

There's nothing exceptional about an XM. It's better than the alternatives, but it's not "the best".

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

ZX?

The XM (written in capital Times) has something the DS has. Looks. I think the XM has an exeptional design and it also drives great. It costs be an arm and a leg to keep it like that so it must be good. Capital wise.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I might be warped, but - please!

I prefer mine in italic swoopy font.

Reply to
Adrian

I quite like my ZX :))

Reply to
Whiskers

Whiskers ( snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's no helping some people.

If you want a comfortable mid-size car, to use like you would a ZX D, try a decent Ami 8. Now *that's* a good car. Or if Sir fancies a bit more welly, an Ami Super - the ZX Volcane of it's time.

And why have an XM or a Xantia when there's still some nice CXs about?

Out of all of my cars, though, if I had to keep *just one*, for all purposes, it'd be the Acadiane. No question. Comfortable, quick enough, economical, spacious, and I don't care if somebody nudges it in a car park.

Reply to
Adrian

Because an XM doesn't look quite so woebegone when you've parked it a couple of days ?

Guy near me came out to find "abandoned car" stickers all over his CX one day. Seems a neighbour had reported it as abandoned, "because all the tyres were flat". It was just doing the usual CX flatfish impression.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley ( snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

An early XM, or one with a flat anti-sink sphere, will - same with Xants.

Some people just have no taste. I used to park my CX on flat, then have a good long stare at it, even after having my fourth CX for three years. I've

*never* done that with the XM, not even when I first bought it.
Reply to
Adrian

I used a 2CV6 for many years, and would still if they weren't getting scarce and 'precious'. The Ami 8 is even scarcer and more precious.

The ZX 1.9D is a lot more economical than the 2CV6, and about as comfortable overall (you feel the bumps a little more in a ZX, but your passengers don't get seasick or terrified on roundabouts). The ZX is also a lot better on the motorway - my 2CV was always getting 'sucked' into the slipstream of passing lorries, even on the odd occasion when the 2CV was doing the overtaking.

I'm not claiming the ZX is the 'best' Citroen, or even a 'real' Citroen; I can afford it though, just, and it is pretty reliable.

If money was not a limiting factor, I would want several Citroens, including at least one original DS and a Light 15. I would also want a Humber Pullman and a 'knife edge' Triumph 2000, and a pre-WWI Vauxhall, and ...

Reply to
Whiskers

Agree ! I have a 1989 CX gti and a 1988 TRI :-)

Reply to
Steinar Svinø

Where is the C15?? No "experts" seem to have heard about it... Even ANWB.

Reply to
Linea Recta

Message i.d.:, by author Linea Recta aka inspired me,

If the ANWB (AA , ADAC) doesn't know it, that is a good sign. You can vote for it if you want to. (complete below where it says Add Your Choice)

Reply to
2Rowdy

I see... done so. Nice option! :-))

Reply to
Linea Recta

Message i.d.:, by author Linea Recta aka inspired me,

Cool huh? Anyone can make such a poll.

Reply to
2Rowdy

That was me, I think. Mind you, it was late, so I could have added "CS".

Reply to
Ian Dalziel