C2 - Hmmm.

And that reminds me! If there is anyone out there who will show an elderly (1989) BX GTI 8 valve a good home, I have one which needs taking away...

...email me for more details.

CAS

Reply to
CAS

CAS ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you want it to see a blaze of glory and a relaxed chilled twilight, I can put word out on the Plymouth-Dakar email list, Calum?

We're taking a Saab

but there's several BXs (and a couple of 2cvs) going.

Reply to
Adrian

Too f**king right!! That is perfect! Much better for the old beast to go in a blaze of glory!

It only needs wishbone bushes for its next MOT (which will be due in a couple of months) so should be less than £100 to get it fully legal!

The other thing that would make it ideal is the Diesel gearbox we fitted to it (couldn't find a proper GTI one) that seems to have closer ratios.... ;-)

All the hydraulics are in tip-top nick so it should cope with the bumps no probs.

This would be a fitting final trip for "The Black Beast"

CAS

-- PADI AOW? Get Rescue Training on UKRS Course #1 -

@ Stoney? Find it or share it @

CAS

CAS ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If it goes this year, no worries. One month today, I'll be sitting on the south coast of spain waiting for a ferry to Morocco.

Of course, there is always the "MOT? Tax? Que?" theory of car preparation....

Reply to
Adrian

True; the 2CV is a 1940s design, basically. I've always thought of the DS as being rare and expensive; I don't think I've seen more than a handful in the flesh.

Ah, well, I don't know much about American cars. They're on a different planet.

Reply to
Whiskers

"Whiskers" a écrit dans le message de news:q4nv81-1ej.ln1@ID->

My Bentley R had mechanically assisted drum brakes in 1953.

Pierre Verpeaux

Reply to
Pierre Verpeaux

I think Bentleys are always an exception :))

Reply to
Whiskers