2005 Mustang pretty ugly IMHO

I don't know if it's just me, but I find the '05 model pretty ugly.

If you look at the new Ford GT (not Mustang GT)and at the Shelby Concept followed by the the new Mustang, you go "what the f--- happened here!".

They must have put all the good designers on the Concept team. I'm just curious if anyone actually likes the look of the '05.

Cheers, Lester

66 Shelby Cobra 427 2K GT convertible 57 Strat Reissue
Reply to
Lester

at 23 Apr 2004, Lester [ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I like what I've seen so far but I haven't seen her in the flesh yet. I may be disappointed. From what I've heard one local dealer will do an intro around June 12th...

Reply to
Paul

Paul wrote in news:Xns94D4EEE73C8CCparrotpapa@65.32.1.6:

I saw one at the car show a while ago, and it looks good. I have to admit, it doesn't look as good in the flesh as I thought it would (based on all they hype and preview pictures), but it's still going to be one helluva popular car.

Joe

Overall I like it. The front, particularly standing back some distance, brings back Mustang II memories in a small way. Scary indeed.

Reply to
DriveSpy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DriveSpy) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com:

I didn't see that at all, but it's all subjective. My overall impression after looking at it for about 20 minutes was that it's too wimpy looking, especially from the rear. But that could be due to all the hype I've read/seen and then finally seeing it in the flesh. What I really did like was the interior. Love the '67-ish dash.

Joe

"Joe" wrote

Did you notice that the gauges were switched, with the speedo being on the opposite side of where it was in the first gen stangs?

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Scott Williams" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yeah, but I figure I could live with that. I've also heard that the new dash has different colored lighting you can choose with a switch or something.

Joe

If the interior is too retro, that will kill it for me. I like the exterior styling, but I don't want to have a dash that looks like the cheap metal ones of the 60's.

Reply to
Mark Jones

It looks better in person than in pictures. The interior is just terrific, if you want a new car that looks like a '67 Mustang inside. If you don't, then you might not like it.

Reply to
Joe

at 25 Apr 2004, Joe [ snipped-for-privacy@dontspam.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I've always loved the 64 1/2 to 69 Mustang. Does that answer your question? :-) And yes, Ford put in some dash lighting that you can customize at the flip of a switch to I believe 128 or 256 different colors. Apparently it uses fiber optics. So I doubt those 'euro glow' gauges are gonna be popular... hehehehehehe!

Reply to
Paul

What bugs me about it is the "chopped" top. Any above average sized people think you can get out of the window if it's on fire and the doors jammed, or worse, upside down?

Reply to
Wheresthebabes?

The interior is overly retro. I didn't care much for it. At all. But I am witholding absolute judgement until I see what Ford does with the next SVT Cobra.

Reply to
Tungsten

that's exactly my sentiment. the car looks smashingly good on the outside, but the inside makes me wonder. ford rarely gets the insides right. Zed

Reply to
Zed

IMHO, the 2005 Mustang is the best looking Mustang since the 1970 model. Give me that retro look!

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

The retro look is great on the 05 model. I am impressed with the front-end especially. But if you have an 04 or earlier model that 'tried' to go retro, especially the Mach1, then the 05 just 'outclassed' you. The bullitt wheels and all that (I have them on my car as well) and the rear wing, all an attempt at retro-izing, is now obsolete, keep in mind I don't want to offend anyone, I love ALL the mustangs, and I plan on making some drastic changes to go the opposite direction of the 05 retro looking model. I'm talking Roush, Steeda, Kaminari etc. That's my take on it. All in all, it is the new model, and I would probably buy one.

The Mauler

Reply to
Marin Mauler

Well, the Shelby is going back for a re-design. I think they were scared of "too much" oldness after what happened with the T-Bird sales.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I would, too.

If the new Mustang has the agressive front end that made it a Mustang in the first place, then I'm all for it.

The boxy Jap-style Mustang of the late '80s, early '90s was all right, but it never had the sex that made a Mustang a premiere marque. Nor put the Mustang logo on its grille; just the Ford Oval. Pretty shit for a great car. Lot of Camaro-wannabes bought it, though, and still defend it.

Reply to
doc

...boxy Jap-style... Boy, the last decade must really be playing a number on you, when you can't tell the Jap crap from the German crap from the Chevy crap from the Fords. Buy yourself a chart that breaks down the differences in grilles and taillights, so you can tell them apart.

dwight camaro wannabe

Reply to
dwight

Yep it sure does. Nothing like factory rice.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

at 27 Apr 2004, dwight [ snipped-for-privacy@netXero.net] wrote in news:c6lg12$d8a93$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-226566.news.uni-berlin.de:

Ford has teh 2005 up on their website now.. See the below link:

Paul