Hmmm, Lancias.

I don't have telly so I am in the process of downloading a torrent of show. Sadly the powers that be have pulled the plug on mininova and the new site that finalgear are using in the meantime seems a bit crap.

Perhaps I'll be able to watch it tomorrow morning. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Do you know you can just watch it on BBC iplayer?

Homer

That's the end of that site then :(

Reply to
Lordy.UK

With them and demonoid gone it is not looking good for bit torrent at the moment.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Homer" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Adrian

It came down and I watched it this morning with my breakfast. That Hawk HF looked like a complete animal. People who raced those and won must have had massive balls with afros on.

Here in the styx, the flash based iPlayer jumps like f*ck and I CBA to try the mac standalone version when its generally so easy to torrent.

I also quite like being able to watch it again on demand without having to download it again or when the internets is broken again.

Perhaps I am exactly the sort of person the torrent sites enemies are trying to get rid of. Top gear must be one of the most stolen TV programmes in the world.

It was fun while it lasted. Mind you, we all said that when napster went legit and again when suprnova got pulled.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well, if you *had* the standalone version you could download it and watch it in a non-jerky fashion. But the Beeb's DRM is still going to get you.

Reply to
Timo on tour

Timo on tour gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oh, no, it isn't...

Adrian
+AD4- With them and demonoid gone it is not looking good for bit torrent at the +AD4- moment. +AD4- +AD4- Fraser

Private sites/trackers are the future +ADs-) If anyone wants an invite to iptorrents or leecherslair just mail me :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

While they mentioned briefly that Lancia produced a turbo and supercharged car I thought it was shame that they didn't actually show a Lancia Delta S4. Wikipedia mentions the acceleration of 0 - 100kph in

2.3 seconds on gravel!, that would be interesting to see so long as you weren't standing behind it.
Reply to
David Billington

There's some gen on one of the Lancia owner's club about it. Apparently the car had last been used for rallying, and had been stored for 12 months since. Most of the prep time they had was spent on polishing and tidying up the outer appearance, with the end result of new suspension being fitted but not set up (and I'd imagine there's a hell of a lot of adjustment on a Stratos kit car) and the first engine going bang.

As per usual, they're not too happy with the Top Gear lot.

Reply to
Doki

Yeah, when the brake seized on I was pretty sure that it was because of neglect, and that I probably wouldn't be prepared to drive it at any speed.

It probably represents the condition of quite a lot of kit cars though.

As an aside, the airship stunt was quite funny, but from what I know about aviation, I'm fairly sure that if any of the mucking about over the airport stuff wasn't entirely staged, a little more than 'massive aviation bollocking' would have been waiting for them on landing.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I agree, if it was genuine, air traffic control would have warned him off long before he got to the airfield and delayed the landing of the planes, it would have also made the news like his crash landing did.

Homer

Also, I'm fed up of Gallardos. There seems to be one in nearly every show. There was a couple of series when they had a Zonda in nearly every show. I like supercars, and I like the flashy camerawork.

I'd like to see more cars that I might have a chance of being able to buy in the near future, and that doesn't mean showing a Kia Piccanto Diesel being slow and shit or Dacia Sandero being reversed into by a lorry.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It was a blimp without a ground line, the outcome was already known before he left the hanger.

It may have gone a lot better if the thing had 2 props hung each side in the free air stream - a prop that close to the back of the van must have had a lot of recirc going on. Some sort of 1/2 adequate steering system would have been good too, maybe a diff between the props with a brake on each side to proportion the torque. As it was a hot air blimp, if it had got any speed up in to the wind the nose would have inverted and all the hot air would have been out of the blimp, into the carvan and out the window. Feck'in idiot, going to get killed one day, BBC TG really doesn't understand H&S.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Heh. If the airship had been any good, as far as the producers are concerned it wouldn't have made good telly.

If it was that unsafe, it wouldn't have been allowed to fly at all and certainly not in the airspace of a real airport.

As has been pointed out, he'd have been told to crash long before he crossed the airfield perimeter.

If he didn't comply immediately, there would have been cops, lots of cops, probably with guns, waiting for him when he did land. He would have been arrested and when released, fined a lot of money and would probably have his pilots licence revoked and never be allowed to fly an aircraft again. I reckon it's unlikely they'd be allowed to show the footage on TV either, at least not till the air accidents investigation people had investigated.

As we know, it's messy when a civil airliner hits the ground in a manner other than prescribed so the authorities take it pretty seriously when the safe and smooth running of controlled airspace is put in jeopardy.

I don't think May, or the Pilot would have risked any of that.

As it was, I think it was quite a well planned and executed stunt and the airfield involved seems to have been very accomodating. It's just a bit boring that the 'chase car' was /another/ special edition Gallardo.

Seems sometimes that there's more Special Edition lambos than all the SE small french hatches put together.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And is much funnier/more interesting for it :) If it annoyed me as much as it seems to annoy others, I'd stop watching it :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Which is why we all love it...

Even though we all know it's obviously staged to hell and H&S *will* be firmly rooted in there, even though they make it seem as if it isn't :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Now they have only gone 'n killed Ross Kemp. It's very dangerous riding in the boot of a car. It's very dangerous to drive under the influence of drugs.

A dip in the Loch seems to have fixed JC's cold.

Reply to
Peter Hill