C3 interior / seats

Hiya,

I was wondering whether anyone knew whether the C3 interior (5 door) was identical / interchangeable with other Citroen Peugeot interiors?

I read that the Pug 1007 / C2 / C1 are all made from the same chassis.... and possibly older models like the Saxo or 206 might also be compatible?

Cheers, John

Reply to
c3-po

(all written from memory: errors all mine)

Peugeot and Citro=EBn have been sharing floorplans since the late 1980s.

The various model correspondences I can recall are:

405 - BX 406 - Xantia 306 - ZX, Xsara, Xsara Picasso 106 - Saxo 206 - C3 407 - C5 307 - C4

It would take someone far more knowledgable than me to say how much of each model is the same and can be bolted directly in, but Peugeot themselves put the rear suspension from the Xantia into the 4 wheel drive 406.

On a not unrelated topic, I imagine a 406 coup=E9 with Activa innards would be a very very nice car to own.

Ambrose Nankivell

c3-po ( snipped-for-privacy@AMICORE.CO.UK) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not a chance, not wholesale.

You may be able to use the seats, say, probably by making up some bracketry

- but, hell, I've got a set of BX seats in a 2cv van...

Things like door trims etc, forget it. You can't even use (for example) late Xantia door trims on an early Xantia without changing the entire dash.

107/C1 and Toyota Aygo are all the same car. C2 and C3 use a different platform, but as far as interior goes, you're dependent on far more than just the platform - the

Really, there is no way. Think about, for example, the shape of the door trims - very dependent on the door shape. The doors aren't shared. The doors aren't even shared between 3 and 5-door versions of the same car. When it's said that they use the same "chassis", they really mean the grubby bits, the floorpan, p'raps some of the bulkhead structure - not that large chunks of what you see are the same.

Reply to
Adrian

Not even that, just the mounting points [1], the shape of the pressings can be totally different, sometimes the same mounting dimensions are kept, sometimes there not (for example the floor pan can be longer in a 5 door than the 3 door version).

[1] thus use the same jigging brackets for build and repair.
Reply to
:Jerry: