C5 ANTI PULLUTION FAULT

C5 2.0AUTO.(PETROL) CAR STARTS O.K. BUT WITHIN 1/2 MIN. REVS DROP AN ANTI POLUTION FAULT LIGHT COMES ON. OCCASSIONALLYTHE ENGINE STALLS WILL RESTART BUT WITH FAULT INDICATED. BELIEVE THAT THE ENGINE I BEING 'OVER FUELED' DURING WARM UP PHASE . ONCE OFF THE BLUE (WATE TEMP IND) ENGINE RUNS AND PERFORMS NORMALLY. PROBLEMS WORSE TH COLDER THE AMBIENT OUTSIDE TEM ANY IDEAS WELCOME

Reply to
GBARKER

Hi, I can only offer my experience with my C4. When there was about 3000 miles to go before the 20000 mile service I to had a similar thing happen when started from cold. Mine did not cut out though and I switched off the engine while it was running unevenly. It restarted OK and all was well. At the 20000 mile / 2 year service the invoice listed replacement of the anti pollution filter. No probs since. Neil

Reply to
neil