Citroen C5 eco mode??

My C5 has a habit of reverting to eco mode after being parked for a while. The steering wheel controls stop working etc. Usual fix is a trip to the dealers for a computer reboot or whatever they do.Is there any sort of self fix I can perform??

Reply to
Capt T

You bought a C5, so all problems are self inflicted! (as is the devistating depreciation! ) ;-)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

devistating

What a helpful reply. Why bother?

On my Peugeot, the Eco mode comes on when a door, or the radio has been left open/on for something like half an hour. This is to stop the battery draining. All you need to do is to start the engine, and it will reset.

Reply to
Brian

according to the nice man at the main dealer is to reset with a computer thingy at about £100 a go! No lights are left on and doors are all closed etc.You czn understand why I seek a diy solution!! Andy

Reply to
Capt T

This is by design as far as I'm aware. Mine goes into eco mode 30 minutes after stopping the engine. Absolute pain! Means I can't sit in the car and listen to the football while the missus is doing the shopping.

I don't understand therefore what this "computer reboot" is. You just have to start the engine. Stopping it again will only let it go for another 10 minutes though. It clearly knows you haven't run the engine for long.

When I queried it with the dealer asking if there was any way round this, their reaction was "tough".

I posted a similar question here a few months ago on this subject. Same response, that is from the ones that didn't reply "your fault for buying a French car".

Before anyone asks, I didn't buy it, it's a company vehicle and I don't give a toss about the depreciation. I like the car... apart from the eco mode.

BobC

Reply to
BobC