Citreon Xantia TX TD 95

I have just had my cluch cable replaced at my local Citreon dealer and was told that they had to remove the dash panel and stearing wheel to remove the old one so as to replace with the new, due to the fact that the old one had been fitted upside down. Has anyone had the same problem, or can this happen????

Reply to
nobbybjn

Can't see how the cable could be upside down (or back to front) the ends are different.

Perhaps they meant the plastic 'clip' which attaches the cable to the pedal? - This is known to fail on TDs, frequently at 70k(ish) miles plus. What colour is it? the original clip is black, replacements are usually white (and stronger than the originals).

The plastic clip has a metal part which you remove to free the cable. If someone replaced the clip 180 degrees out, they wouldn't be able to withdraw the metal part because it would be towards the bulkhead and there would be no room.....

In any case, the easiest fix would have been to remove the clutch pedal complete to give access, that's what I do to replace the clip when it breaks. Total time say half an hour......

Alan

Reply to
Alan Vann

Thanks for the info Alan, I did notice that part of a black plastic clip was on the floor, after it had failed and the work carried out took them six and a half hours to do and they managed to break the two part cover around the stearing wheel, which I am waiting for them to replace free of charge. nobby

Reply to
nobbybjn