Xantia TD

Rather concerned at the moment.

got a 96N xantia lx (1.9td) and it seems to have got through a worrying amount of oil in no time at all...

I do a fair few miles in it (700 a week around this time of year with work) alot of which is late night traveling (only got back 10 minutes ago....now

3:30am). I check the oil etc before i set out and it was just a little below the max mark on the dipstick. I have traveled about 70 miles to my destination. switched on the ignition after it had cooled and i had done my work and the orange level light was flashing. checked and it was only just on the dipstick.

Just hoping somethign isn't going horribly wrong. its about due for a service. maybe that will put a bit of light on the subject...

Anyone got any ideas what could be happening or about to happen.. I have the Haynes manual so a reference to that would be great.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Beech