Need help estimating Wrangler value to sell

I have a Black 1992 Jeep Wrangler, 4x4, 5 speed, 2.5L EFI, A/C, Hard Top, Full Doors, Power Steering , AM/FM/CD with about 150,000 miles on it. It has some mechanical problems and due to several issues I need to sell it instead of repair it. Until these problem last week this has been my daily driver for 5 years. The Wrangler has a problem with 5th gear that the gear chatters when you use 5th so I just haven't been using 5th for a few months until i could afford to tear it down. Then last week it over heated and cracked the plastic top on the radiator, and I fear cracked the head or blew the headgasket when an idler puller froze and threw the belt. It still will start and run. Looks good, only rust is on drivers floor and along left side bottom right in front of door where the word Jeep is in the metal. Can anyone give me an idea of a fair value I should price this Wrangler at for sale?

Thank You, Tim Cottom snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Tim Cottom

Hmmmmm, bad tranny, bad radiator, high miles, 4 banger, needs idler pulley, possible engine damage, some rust. Thats a pretty heavy duty list of negatives. You also should mention where you are located, it makes a BIG difference on the older Jeeps.

I looked at Kelly Blue Book, it lists a private party price at about $2500 for one in medium shape. Not very accurate but a start. Then deduct the cost of repairs by a small shop: $800 for a rebuilt tranny, $200 for a radiator, $100 for an idler, ??? for the head.

You are pretty close to end of life > I have a Black 1992 Jeep Wrangler, 4x4, 5 speed, 2.5L EFI, A/C, Hard Top,

Reply to
RoyJ

As long as the body is decent, I would say you could pull $1500 for it around here. Someone would be looking for it to drop in a v-8 or a 6 with a new drivetrain anyway.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Where are you located? Prices vary in different parts of the country (world).

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Sorry, I should have added that. I am in Terre Haute, Indiana USA

Tim snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Tim Cottom

Home of Larry "the Legend"

Reply to
macgraphics

look on eBay at similar ones and see what they go for...there at least 25 of every model listed each week and all seem to sell. I bought my clean, no rust '95 YJ 2.5 5-Ssd. with 106K, new tires, brakes and top, only needing an exhaust system plus the usual shocks, tune-up, minor stuff for $4000! It was in PA and I picked it up from NJ.

Reply to
mrb

and btw, I have seen several listings with similar probs like yours...I know plenty of jeepheads who will grab one with probs like yours who can throw in a new trans or engine in literally overnight!

Reply to
mrb