My first Citroen? which one do i choose? ds? or cx? or bx?

but where are you going to get the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity ?

Reply to
.

I'll wait 10 years. let the bubble burst.

Reply to
.

Wow thanks guys, i didnt realise id get so much advice, im in australia and im thinking a cx is for me (earlier series, id love a prestige) i'll have to wait a bit though as ive searched the usual spots and havent come up with one in australia for sale. I think from what youve all said and what ive read a low mileage, no rust, higher priced car is the one for me, rather buying the cheapest and doing it up.

Id love a SM but theres only a few here in oz and over 40k in price.

I think i can get a good cx for under 10k though.

I'll sign up with a citroen club first though and learn as much as i can, and i'll keep an eye on this forum, im sure when the time comes you'll be able to help out.

Thanks aga>> . ( snipped-for-privacy@.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Damian

Damian ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That makes a big difference, then.

Cut out everything we've said about rust, for a start, and a D will be easier for you to find out there than a CX.

Where in Aus are you?

Don't worry about mileage - both CXs and Ds are perfectly capable of running up silly amounts of miles with no problem - my '89 CX GTi Auto was on 170k miles when I sold it - and it ran perfectly and looked damn nice.

"How do you make a small fortune?" "Start with a large fortune and an SM"

You'll also find that's where the good cars are for sale. The really nice ones don't even get advertised - they just get sold by word of mouth.

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading , made by the entity known as Tony Fisk, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Had an accident with a mk1 once. I was so distracted by the weird speedometer I didn't see that the car in front of me was braking. The BX has become so common it's easily forgotten that it was a revolutionary model.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Thanks for the advice, im in sydney, but from what ive seen the majority of citroens are in melbourne, just a short 8 hour drive away.

We still get rust too though, but d's are just asking silly money (the good ones that is, a bad one will only cost you a few grand)

Why arent there many cx's here?

Reply to
Damian

Damian ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

This guy's near Melbourne - well worth talking to. Don't know many round Sydney way, though.

No, trust me on this, you do not.

You get a little bit of surface corrosion that soon cleans up. We get cars that break in half.

Yes, same here. Except ours are a few grand in pounds, not Aussie Pesos...

Because Citroen didn't import many. Because people didn't buy many, and because the Aussie Design Rules had their heads up their arses and insisted on lots of really really silly changes to some of the bits.

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading , made by the entity known as Damian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

2Rowdy

Correct I owned one and it wasn't "a citroen". It looks as an exercise on computer modelling (CAD first generation)... didn't buy a second one, as I did with the GS...

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

I was reading , made by the entity known as Theo van Riet, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

BX or CX ?

.
Reply to
2Rowdy