Picasso windscreen glare problem

I have a Picasso, 2 years old but new to me. I have been to my local dealer in E. Yorkshire and they said £62 for it when I gave them the part number.(8211J5).Protecteur. Anti-glare cover. Service Manager came and spoke to me when I said that it was free warranty job. He said that only one person had asked for it to be done but she had decided against it when he told her a) that it may not totally cure the reflection problem and b) that bubbles caused when fitting it might cause even more glare problems. He also said that they would have to have the Pic for 24 hours to spray on the glue and let it dry before attaching the anti-glare thingie. Methinks that he thinks that it is a fablon type cover.

Can anyone tell me if it is a solid bit of kit please? I thought that it was a black plastic moulding which was attached to the dash with double sided tape.

Dixons in Hull are due to phone me tomorrow. Anybody give me an idea of how long the fitting takes please as I would like to go and wait while it is done - but not for 24 hours!!!

Reply to
Toyota Lass

snip

snip

I don't know about the Picasso in particular, but polarising sun-glasses might help, in broad daylight. A Google search didn't bring up much, but there is a Picasso web-forum at . The advert there for something called the "DashMat" seems to be a broken link.

If the problem you have is with a reflection of the large horizontal surface at the top of the dash being reflected in the windscreen, it's a problem with my ZX too so any real solutions you find would be of interest. I have considered trying to get some of the matt black paint used inside cameras, to paint the 'not quite black and rather too shiny' vinyl (?) surface, but that might not work and could affect re-sale value (as if the dents wouldn't!).

I suspect that your garage might be thinking of something to stick onto the windscreen itself - I can't see how 'bubbles' would be a problem anywhere else. I don't think that would solve the problem I'm thinking of, and a tinted laminate might be illegal on a windscreen (or front side-windows) if it cuts out too much light.

Reply to
Whiskers

Reply to
Toyota Lass