Re: create newsgroup

> tm wrote

I know there is at least one server that honours christinA's rmgroups. I guess that (at least some) admins check the ISC file and scan it for absence of rmgroups.

> And a lot of begging mails towards newsadmins. And a >> lot of promotion since a group creating is one thing but making it >> alife and breething is something totally different. >> I am a failure. >> Any Cits around here? You are oblidged to post once in >> alt.autos.citroen and make me happy again. I also gotta guestbook it >> is somewhere on
In case you can not find it, it is >> allmost empty. > > Dude, nobody on usenet is interested in citroens. Sad, but true.

Not completely true. They do post in other newsgroups. But not in the one and only Citroen newsgroup.

I owned a renault once. Comfortable seats, shit motor. Doubt i'd ever > buy a french car again.

Please, you can not compare a Renault with a Cit. The Cit is a great car.

You do know there are citroen bloggers, eh? >
> gad, even they suck. Hey, maybe you can go thru there and find someone > to talk to about cars... > > Okay, you're a failure, now stop whinging.

I am a failure. < >

Reply to
2Rowdy

Take an educated guess.

I have never been rmgrouped.

You top that.

You tend to repeat yourselves. Stop whinging. Shut the f*ck up.

Reply to
2Rowdy

ah. Should have known. Citroen and Mcluhan. Two subjects nobody cares a wit about.

Reply to
tm

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Interesting thing, the 350Z.

Apart from the Renault engine, the rest of the car is so mediocre they completely re-engineered it before launching it in more discerning markets than the US.

Sorry, "tm" - you were aware that Renault own 45% of Nissan, weren't you?

Now kindly stop cross-posting, the pair of you.

(Sheesh) Alt-bloody-Config. You're meant to be GOOD at netiquette.

Reply to
Adrian

heh. Where did you hear that?

Hey, someone IS actually using the citroen group. Good to see you Adrian. Rowdy2 had me convinced the group was completely dead. As per your comments, yes i am well aware that Renault has a sizeble investment in Nissan. Good damn thing too, saved a lot of jobs over here. Perhaps i should have spent more than a minute finding a crap Nissan link to try to continue the conversation, such as it was. At least my link was better than the one that preceded it, couple of crappy pictures of a citroen. Say, who designs the bodies on those things? They should hire an italian. Anyway, nice chatting at you, now stop whinging about crossposting, this note is ontopic in both groups.

Reply to
tm

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The older Cits (Traction, D, 2cv, Ami 6) were styled by Flaminio Bertoni -

The CX & GS were Robert Opron's work but they're heavily based on Pininfarina concepts for BLMC.

Most of the newer ones were credited to Bertone, with the BX one of the few credited to a specific stylist there - Marcello Gandini.

Now, I've not been checking any passports or birth certificates lately, but....

Spoil all the fun, don't you? (grin)

Reply to
Adrian

You seem to be suggesting that those monstrosities where in fact designed by Italians. Perhaps i should rethink my respect for italian car design. Anyway, thanks for the one link you could dig up.

Nah, It's just beginning. Say, i thought all you Brits drove Fords? Just recently learned you were all fattining up at McDonalds. Who knew you were still driving 1934 Citroens?

Reply to
tm

I am happy to know there are some hard core users. But if they have noting to say it is dead sighlent.

Crappy? The XM? That hurts.

Bertone,

The XM was designed by Bertone who had also designed the BX, not to mention numerous exotica such as Lamborghini. It won the prestigious Car Of The Year

1990 and went on to win a further 14 awards in that year.

Additional info

It is in AAC now :-)

Reply to
2Rowdy

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

(shrug) Chief stylist at Citroen through the 80s and 90s was an American, Carl Olsen.

Heh. I could give you a thousand, but...

Just the ones with no taste.

MuckDogBits? Nah, they're closing some of their highest-profile London branches down here. Finally.

I wish... My 8 Citroens are all 60s-90s. Oh, plus the '88 Saab we're taking across the Sahara for Charity this xmas.

All sponsorship welcome.

Reply to
Adrian

Damn, i got trolled right into that one didn't i? Good work, Adrian. When you leaving-19 Dec, 26 Dec or 1 Jan? Think you have a chance? If i sponsor, you best put my company name on the side of the car and finish in the top 10. I'll certainly send a donation if you set up a blog and post regularly. TM

PS- you might want to feature Ellie prominantly in your blog. 3 shorthaired sods of questionable sexuality in a saab doesn't bring in the euros like a cute blonde puking out her food-poisoned guts on the side of a dusty Moroccon 'highway'.

Reply to
tm

"2 shorthaired sods and another person with exceedingly white legs standing next to a car with a name" is what i meant to say. Sorry. The whole thing about cute blondes puking their guts out in the desert bringing in the euros still applies however.

Reply to
tm

snip

This group is nowhere near as 'dead' as many. It's still very young, too - it takes time for word to spread.

There's also the problem with Citroens: people like to drive them and cosset them and show them off and admire them - which leaves little time to write about them :)) That's a /good/ thing isn't it?

I'm just about to get into mine and go look in some shop windows (I won't be buying anything exciting, but both the car and I need a little exercise).

I might take it through another car-wash to see if any more of the bird droppings comes off - it's been raining since yesterday, on and off, so the crap might be softer now. It got baked on in the heatwave.

Flippin' magpies >:-|

Reply to
Whiskers

snip

She'll have to make do with the new plastic trims I got her at Christmas (after one of the last lot fell off and I couldn't find a single one to match). I got some of those plastic 'ties' to stop any more trims from falling off.

Not these magpies - I've seen what /they/ eat (both 'before' and 'after'!)

Their deposits are slowly lifting of the paintwork.

Thank goodness the heat's gone at last :))

Reply to
Whiskers

Message i.d.: news: snipped-for-privacy@ID-107770.user.dfncis.de, by author Whiskers aka inspired me,

They are a pest.

2Rowdy

snip

Now that's what I call a bird with attitude ;))

Reply to
Whiskers

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

19th

email address is on the website, my friend....

It's going to happen. email address is on the website for the donation....

"cute blonde", she'll like. I don't think she's planning on the puking part, but - what the heck - artistic licence...

Reply to
Adrian

I know the e-mail address. In fact, I left the URL in the post on purpose. Always willing to promote crazy people who are willing to perform outrageous stunts for charity. Where's the blog? Not much time left, you should be preparing. Get the blog up and running. Post a link here. I'll donate.

Nobody plans on the puking part. Sensible people pack a topquality water filter and plenty of immodium, tho.

Reply to
tm

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

We've not got any formal "donation" site going. I'll happily take donations via paypal - adrian (at) domain as in this post. For emails about the trip, dakar (at) the domain.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm sure you will. I too will happily take donations. Get the blog up. So far all you have is a website and a dream. I only donate to my own dreams.

Reply to
tm

tm ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not so - far more than that. Follow the link from our site to the event site

-

Adrian