where is xantia abs unit?

Just bought a 'R' 1998 Xantai, and am trying to find the ABS unit. I bought a Haynes manual 1993-98 but it does not have any relevant info, and says the ABS ECU is under the fuse box, but there is nothing there! Can someone tell me where the ABS ECU is fitted, then maybe I can fault find it. Also if anyone can let me have a copy of the wiring diagram for the ABS and Aircon it would be very useful - Haynes manual conveniently forgot to include the only diagrams I need! Thanks Dave Vickers

Reply to
David Vickers

David Vickers ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No idea - but odds on the problem being a front wheel sensor...

Reply to
Adrian

Course, if it hasn't got one, that would explain it not working?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

that would normally contribute to poor performance yes :)

Reply to
Rob Beech

Xantia ABS ECU which I guess is what you mean is immediately in front of the hydralic fluid resovoir..... in front of it is a fuse box then the battery.

Not all xantia have abs but I would think 98 ones do

Belzie

David Vickers wrote:

Reply to
Belzie

It does have ABS, and I can feel it working when I drive, which is why I need to find the ECU to see why the light is on. But it is not by the fusebox/battery/reservoir! I believe that in early 98 they changed to a Teves unit instead of the older ECU which was by the fusebox. Dave Vickers

Reply to
David Vickers

Problem solved, found the ECU and one connector was not making good contact. Dave Vickers

Reply to
David Vickers

"David Vickers" a écrit dans le message de news:fwlee.14541$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...

thanks, now, we know well where it was situated ! Paul

Reply to
paul