xantia

I have just bought a new battery for the xantia. When I remove the old one I know that I will have to reset the radio code, but how about the key pad immobiliser will it lose it's code? Has anyone removed the battery and found any other problems apart from the two mentioned.

Ecky-h.

Reply to
ecky-h

I recently changed the battery on my wife's xantia. Certainly the radio code was lost and the alarm was triggered when the new battery was connected. But I don't recall having to reset the key pad code.

David.

Reply to
David

David ( snipped-for-privacy@dial.pipex.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, the keypad code is far less volatile than that. There's no easy way to clear it without knowing it - which, when you think about what it does, is Rather A Good Thing.

Reply to
Adrian

I inadvertently let the battery of my ZX go completely dead, and the car was immobile for about two weeks before I put a new battery in. The security keypad worked normaly as soon as the new battery was connected; the radio only worked after I'd followed the instructions for keying in its security code. Both security codes must be stored in a 'memory' which does not need constant power - which seems sensible.

Reply to
Whiskers