ZX Dash Lights

SWMBO has complained about half the speedo lights being out so in the dark she can only tell what speed she's doing when it's above 40mph. Is there an easy way to get at them? The Haynes BoL is also in her car and she's gone to work.

Reply to
malc

The message from "malc" contains these words:

An axe?

Reply to
Guy King

malc ("malc" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No.

From memory, you'll need to take the panel surround off, then the panel itself out.

If you're planning on keeping the car, do every single bulb in there at the same time.

Reply to
Adrian

Ok good call. Looks like that's next Saturday sorted then :-(

Reply to
malc

It is one option, yes.

Reply to
malc

Just like the AX, then!

Reply to
Tony F

"malc" wrote in news:Mhk2j.53221$c snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

When I did mine in my ZX, it was a lot easier than the HBOL claimed, in fact, it was very easy, especially once I lowered the steering wheel. I even did the lights in the centre console, which was just as easy. HBOL claimed I should start by removing the seats and bodyshell, or somesuch nonsense, but I got away with just removing the minimum of trim.

Reply to
Tunku

As a matter of interest, what bulbs are they? For my Pug I have to go to the dealer rather than Halfords as the Halfords bulbs are in a specially long version of the same holder and don't fit.

Reply to
malc

"malc" wrote in news:B0%3j.55774$c snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I can't really remember, but I think they were capless bulbs, ie. I just pulled them out of their holders and put new ones in. Best thing to do is lupp the dash and have a look. Car still drives like that ;-)

Reply to
Tunku