Dash Lights

Occasionally in my 2001 93 the radio display on the SID goes dark (the time, date and temperation info on the SID stays lit) as do all the lights on the controls under the radio. The radio still plays. I thought it was just the radio problem, but it happened at night for the first time and I realized all the button lights went dark. I'm taking it to the dealer for the discharge cassette recall next week, is there anything in particular I should ask them to look at regarding this issue? Thanks.

Reply to
rbmrwb

On the 9-5 SID there is a "night panel" button that turns most of the dash dark for use at night (and half of the speedo which is pretty cool)

Any chance that button is stuck or partially stuck? Or maybe that switch on that button is intermittent?

Reply to
Bill Jackson

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is related to the night panel button. That button still works and dims all but the speedometer. When the other buttons are dark and the radio display is missing, pushing the night panel button doesn't change anything.

Reply to
rbmrwb

It's the edge connector on the back of the SID display. This a common symptom, as are missing pixels, etc.

BL

Reply to
Fatman

The symptoms don't match that fault at-all.

My guess would be either an internal fault in the radio unit, or a duff CAN bus connection to the radio unit.

The fault would have to be at or in the radio rather than the SID, or the other SID functions would be affected.

The fact that the radio plays on whilst it's lights are out suggests it's not a radio power fault.

The dealer could test by swapping in a known good radio unit.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thanks for the reply, I'll mention this to the dealer when I'm there later this week.

Reply to
rbmrwb