Re: 66 checy c-10 windshield wiper motor

one terminal is power the other is a switched ground. body ground doesn't come into play unless the motor is not in the parked position and the ground is lifted. when its parked, you can put power on all you like, if the ground isn't on the other terminal it isn't going to do anything. I'm thinking, off the top of my head, that brown is the switched ground, but not real sure. you do have a chassis manual don't you? pull the plug off the wiper motor, turn the key on and check for voltage on one term, and ground on the other. With the switch on of course. Danno

recently my windshield wiper motor stopped working so i went and ordered > another without really testing the original to check if it was just a > short....today i put the new motor in and it didnt work...it was grounded > good but no matter what terminal i put juice to it doesnt move...i was > thinking that the problem might be the switch, does anyone here know if the > switch reduces or does something to the current? plz reply it would be most > appreciated thx : ) > > >
Reply to
J. Dan Jones