Re: Amount of Oil

I was referring to the response by CJ351 to the original and valid question. "How much oil does my engine take SO I CAN CALIBRATE MY DIP STICK!!!!!!! "

351CJ tells him

"Get a dipstick... How else will you check your oil level after it has been changed and driven, and stay ahead of any oil consumption?. "

My response to 351CJ

"You are a dip stick. Read the post before spewing your drivel."

The original question was not stupid the answer from 351CJ was.

> You are a dip stick. Read the post before spewing your drivel. > > It's not really a stupid question. Some used 5 quarts, some 6. When I > got my truck back in 2000, I thought it held 5 quarts. I noticed the > stick never measured quite full with 5 quarts, but I assumed it was in > error, and the stick tube had slipped or something. I ran like this > for 2 years until I spun a bearing in that engine. > All that time, I had been running a quart low, or even lower, and had > thought I was ok. But Nooooooooooooo.....When I got a rebuilt engine, > I checked all that out and came to the conclusion I had a 6 quart pan. > The tube looked to be in the right place, and had a "stop" on it. Sure > nuff...When I dump 6 quarts in it, it goes right to the full mark, and > a little over as would be normal on an oil change. So the moral of > this sad tale is dumbass me contributed to the downfall of my old > engine, athough it was about shot when I got it. My 68 f-250 has a 300 > six and has a 6 quart oil pan. But my friends 240 in a 74 F-100 has a > 5 quart pan. So take nothing for granted in this dept. It could go > either way. But I'd probably lean to a 5 quart pan in a f-100 or > f-150. I'm surprised the "camper special" didn't have a 6 quart pan. I > would have thought they did, being mine does, and it's not a camper > special. It is a f-250 though. That may be one difference. Heck, being > I have access to look at both size pans, one on a 300 and the other a > 240, I may just look into this. I'm kind of curious myself. I'm > curious if mine really is deeper than his. It should be. MK
Reply to
<.>

I have a 65 F250 with the 352 and it takes 5 quarts.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.

Reply to