WTB: 1948-1953 Chevy 1/2 Ton PU Project

I am looking to start a restoration project on a 1/2 ton chevy pickup, between the years of 1948 and 1953. I am located in NE Ohio, and finding one not completely junked is rather difficult in this area. My search radius is within a 8 hour distance from my location (Akron, Ohio). I am searching for a truck that will require a total restoration. It does not have to run or even have an engine. Must have a decent chassis and a body on it. I am not concerned about surface rust on the body as long as it is repairable, but the chassis must be in relatively decent shape, and be able to be rolled or placed on to a car hauler. Truck must have a clean title! Anyone who has a truck that would be a good candidate for this, and would like to sell it to a good home, please reply to the email attached to this post. Would prefer pics with emails as well. Please include location, and what you are looking price-wise to get from the vehicle. I would like to locate and have the restoration started before the snow flies, and am looking to buy now! I appreciate the time, and have a great holiday!

Reply to
Rich Potts

I know where a guy can buy a decent restorable 50 chevy 1/2 ton truck standard cab non 5 window for around the 800.00 range.The truck has a good bed bnut not wood Of course wooods rotted,and 1 bad rear fender and 1 front fender Is lightly pushed In and most glass Is still In It as well as engine all I see It missing Is radiator and of course the title It's an old farm truck needing totally restored so a title could be bought from a magazine In alabama for like

150.00 or so.I live In missouri 50 miles north Of kansas city If your Interested?
Reply to
TONY 70000