A Fiat 850 - Automatic!!! - in the U.S??!!!!

Haven't a clue. This was the old separate chassis "classic" red London bus, but that's as far as my bus-spotting goes.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In article , Jim Warren writes

Yes, that's exactly how I remember it.

Ah, that's where I went wrong. I thought the Atlanteans had a similar system to the Rms. I never really rode on any Atlanteans. The routes round my area used RMs until very recently, and I didn't use buses much after about 1968 anyway.

Reply to
Leroy Curtis

What was the bus (transverse rear engine, and a Gardner I think) that had a four speed permanently engaged gearbox and four separate clutch packs, one for each gear ? Quite a neat setup - the clutches were overhung on the far end of the gearbox and could have a very quick clutch plate change.

Reply to
Andy Dingley