ADVERT: 1960s Gala

1960's Gala at the Great Central Railway

Saturday & Sunday 27th/28th March 2004 Also Mini Diesel Gala 26th March 2004

1960's GALA promises "Busiest Ever Timetable"

Three steam, three diesel locomotives, a DMU and a heck of a lot of trains. That's the promise of the 1960s gala which is swinging into the Great Central Railway on the 26th, 27th and 28th of March.

Our annual celebration captures the moment steam engines were being replaced by diesels designed under the 1955 modernisation plan. The railways were still very busy and we'll be reflecting this with plenty of freight and passenger action.

This will also be the first event to feature the Quorn and Woodhouse signalling scheme in use to the full.

The timetable is our busiest ever featuring 25 daytime departures from Loughborough and some trains which start from Quorn and Rothley.

Watch out for all day shunting action at all three stations. Leicester North hasn't been left out with twelve down direction departures.

With period music on the stations, plus posters and announcements to help take you back in time, why not swing past the Great Central and recapture the spirit of your misspent youth!

SPECIAL OFFER! Bring a pre 1965 car and park it at Quorn and Woodhouse and receive free admission, free parking and privilege rate train travel.

For details see our website:

Regards

David Pladgeman

David Pladgeman