long shot, 60's US advert

someone told me a long time ago about a TV advert in the states for IIRC the Pontiac GTO which consisted of a huge cloud of tire smoke and a roaring V8 which cleared to show just two big black lines disappearing along the road, then a voice over of something along the line of "that was the Pontiac GTO, buy one and you'll get laid more".

does this ring any bells with anyone?, I've googled and looked on youtube and I've seen some amazing GTO burnouts but not what I'm looking for.

here's hoping

james

Reply to
jamesd1974

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "jamesd1974" saying something like:

The advert was referring the likelihood of the owner lying under the car fixing the transmission or bolting back on bits that had fallen off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon