Advice on tyres please

My Triumph 2.5PI Mk2 has just passed an MOT test but with an advisory that the two rear tyres will need to be replaced soon.

I have kept the original wheels, despite the 80 profile tyres in question are not easy to find these days. After hunting on the internet I have found just two possibilities: the 185/80R13 MAXXIS tyre or the

185/80R13 Nankang CW-25 tyre.

Before I opt to buy one or the other, I thought I would ask if anyone here has any experience either for or against either of these?

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

No experience of either specific tyre - but I am a fan of Nankang and use them on my Boxster (track days destroy tyres, these are a good balance between outright grip and affordable price) and use Nankang all-seasons on our campervan.

Never had Maxxis car tyres.

Reply to
Steve H

Thanks.

I will not be going to track days and I am driving the car on normal roads for less than 1000 miles a year these days, so durability isn't my primary aim. I asked my local classic car restorer and he said that Maxxis have a good reputation. So it looks like either brand is suitable and I should go for the one with the earliest delivery date.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John