Anyone know where I might find a Volvo PV544

Before WW2 posh European cars ( e.g. Bugatti, Hispano ) tended to be RHD. The Lancia Dilambda was designed as LHD in the late '20s because it was intended for the USA, but the Wall Street crash put a stop to that and it was hastily redrawn for RHD to be sold throughout Europe.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

The old PV's are seriously tough cars.

Still seem to be a few 99's around, but 70's era swedish metal is popular 'folkrace' (banger racing) fodder in sweden....I guess thats where a lot of

96/99's end up....
Reply to
john

Bit like the UK with a lot of the larger british cars from the 60's and

70's
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I lived a few doors down from a banger race driver in the early 1970s. At that time, his highly rated drives were the Jowett Javelin, Standard Vanguard and Magnette ZAs and ZBs. He reckoned they could receive a huge amount of damage and still finish the race.

But what a waste of cars I would love to own today!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

More recently they are the reason so few Mk11 Granadas remain on the road.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

They like the late 70's early 80's Jap cars like Crowns, Cresidas, and all the bigger Datsuns too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2