I think I might have a plan...

... and I think you lot might like it.

A marvellous thought appeared to me today whilst idly trying to conjure up something to do this year, well, it started as me trying to decide what to do this afternoon and mutated into a giant scheme which will probably cost me a bloody fortune, but could be an amusing thing to fill a bit of the interweb with.

I've decided I'm going to try and spend as much time possible in the next year or so taking cars to where they should be. To see how suited they are to 'what it says on the tin'.

So. The first thing I need to do is make a list of places to take these cars to, and first out of the hat was taking a Ford Cortina to Cortina, a Capri to Capri, and a Granada to Granada. Then there'll be the challenge of trying to get a Dolomite across the Dolomites, a Morris to Oxford, and an Austin to Cambridge. I may even have to take a Mini to Newmarket if things get serious.

Now, I was also thinking that if I can take an Opel Manta Berlinetta to Berlin, and pick up a Taurus - then I'm a Sagittarius so that means the Taurus would have to forgo all it's fancy Taurus name and be a Cortina... which'd have to go to Cortina. Then maybe get a Capri to Capri and try to find a Granada to go to Spain in. Then I could buy a Seat or an old Triumph to go to Toledo or Malaga.

It could be quite funny this. Anyone want to swap a nice Cortina for an E30? :-p

Reply to
Pete M

SEAT Ibiza of course. Don't get a Mercury or a Saturn, you may be some time...

Reply to
Abo

Great plan.

Once you've done all that stuff you can have a go with my little kit car.

It's a Sylva Star.

at least you don't have a Golf. How dull would that be... Or any of the boring manufacturers with numbers.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

What about a Ferrari 360 Modena, or one of the Le Mans classic ones - that'd be sweet.

Pete - sounds like a great idea to be fair. TRUST ME on this one, if you have the means, do it asap, at the least the bits that are most important to you. To my, rather unpleasent surprise, I lost use of my legs about a month, month an a half after getting back from New York and two weeks after getting home from The 'Ring. Imagine if I'd dicked around by overplanning and economising...

Reply to
DanB

Not sure about the Capri to Capri as it's basically a Capri to Naples then hop on a ferry. Saying that, from mine it's a 3,000 mile round trip.

Reply to
Conor

Try to get a Citroen Visa an American Visa, then give use a Dyane to tell someone called Diane that you love them.

Using japanese small car optical technology, invent the world's first Micrascope.

You could try and get a picture of a Fiesta into next month's edition of Fiesta.

If you're feeling a bit more flush: Cayenne to Cayenne? Cayman to the Caymans?

You could shoot up some Peugeot 106 or 205 'Roland Garros' with a biplane and a machine gun.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Don't forget getting two French dobbins into a 2cv, then finding a goddess to put into a DS.

I think quite a few chavs have started on one of the other similar plans, though - there's been a lot of Paxos stuffed.

Reply to
Adrian

Hehe, drive some Lagunas into some Lagoons.

Use an Escort for running an Escort service.

Convert a Toyota Carina into an Ocarina.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Again?

Reply to
Adrian

Bloody hell, you guys have just used up all of my material!

I won't lower the tone so much as to mention what a Volvo could be photographed next to.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

"AstraVanMann" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

With a pair of Audi TTs in the background?

Reply to
Adrian

I'd skip Naples entirely, head to Salerno and then up the Amalfi coast - some of the most stunning coastline you'll ever see, and a fantastic driving road, to Sorrento and then hop on to a ferry for the jaunt over to Capri.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:50:47 +0000, Pete M spouted:

You need a Chevrolet Monte Carlo in there somewhere :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Put a Clio under the bonnet and you get proper anatomical correctness.

Reply to
carl.robson

How about driving a Pontiac Bonneville to Bonneville? Drives a Trans Am across America? Or make it easy, drive a Bee(a)tle to Mathews Street. That one should be easy to knock off the list first and get you started.

Reply to
carl.robson

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Abbey Rd, surely?

Reply to
Adrian

Ooooh, yeah. I like that one. There are loads of them in Germany, so would be easy to get one and drive it to Monte Carlo from Czech.

Reply to
Pete M

That involves going to Merkania. Never again...

Indeed. I mentioned this on another web place and it turns out some lunatics drove a Morris Oxford from Oxford (the real one) to Oxford in New Zealand. That is _not_ on the playlist...

Reply to
Pete M

Pah, Mathew Street is a piece of piss (about 4 miles). I only go to London if the journey is very financially beneficial. London and Merkania are both definate no-no material.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I s'pose you could park it outside the Cavern, on Menlove Ave or in Forthlin Road. But that wouldn't be much of a challenge, would it?

Reply to
Adrian