Austin A40 Sports X 2

We are storing two cars for our friends who moved to the 'States 6 years ago, and due to a job and location change, they are now thinking of selling the cars as they are not going to have the room to keep them along with their three American vehicles.

Initially, they are asking what sort of price they could expect, and they will make a decision based on that and other factors, such as shipping to the 'States and selling out there.

What is involved are two vehicles, both part restored and a lot of new and secondhand spares. One chassis has the engine/gearbox suspension back in, the other is a shell with parts separate.

All stored inside in the dry, the parts are packed in three or four large storage containers, equivalent to about 4ft cube, then there are the doors, hood frames and so on which are mainly bubble wrapped separately.

Expressions of interest welcome, and we would also appreciate any guidance on price. Having seen both chassis in the raw, I'd say that reassembly is the main job, with some cosmetic work on one chassis/body required.

Viewing can be arranged for interested and genuine enquirers.

Thanks, Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I suggest you subscribe to the Practical Classics forums and list them there. The magazine ran a feature on a lovely A40 Sports this month which should have raised some interest.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke