Classic car insurance

Is there a cut of year for this as well ?

Reply to
BORG

Ask your insurance company?

Most of them seem to be between 15 and 20 years - you've got to ask them, the cut off's different for each one of them.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Not legally as with VED.

But different insurers have their own rules, so shop around.

*General* points.

Over 10 years old. Not the only car. Must be off road parked Must be member of appropriate car club. Restricted mileage. No NCB earned. No business use including commuting.

And, or not, others. ;-)

If you hope to get cheap insurance on an ordinary old car for normal use you might be disappointed. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Firebond, for example, will insure any car over 9 years old on a classic policy. Others differ.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Not completely. We did insure my wife's Previa on a classic policy for one year (didn't require that she owned another car, the rest are all in my name!). We reverted when we realised her NCD would lapse if we continued, but if you haven't any NCD then the classic option for an old car might be worth looking at.

Reply to
Chris Bolus