Classic Saab 900 wheel needed

Due to poor road maintenance and hitting a waterfilled pothole, we now need a wheel (steel or alloy) 5.5Jx15 for a 1986 Saab 900. The PCD is 4x114, ET40
with a centre hub of 70mm
Please only reply if you have one or have contact details of someone who has. And yes I've spent all week on the phone and have tried the breakers, Saab dealers and the 'experts' that I've been given
We can collect from almost anywhere in UK.
Cheers
ALSO, Just for you Richard Polhill - is it OK to call this a classic or are you or some other some snotty-nosed pillock going to complain as you tend to have a snide comment about most of the postings you read!!

try seanwicks AT msn dot com
I bought all my saab spares s/h from him..
Cheers
Mike P
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:47:31 -0000, "Classic Car Man"

Does that include SalVo in Ilkeston? Be surprised if they haven't got one.
--
Regards, Chris (Please take out my car to reply by plain text email)
---1967 Riley Elf----1978 Mini 1000----1979 Ford Capri---

A quick look on eBay reveals several complete sets of alloys for classic 900s, and a couple of complete cars being broken.
I think I lobbed out a couple of spare steel C900 rims a couple of years ago.
Anyway - don't 9000 rims fit?

I wouldn't have thought so, 'cos I'm sure all the Type 4 cars shared PCD and offset.
(This I know because the Alfa 164 takes a completely different wheel to the rest of the range - 156 wheels will fit just about every 5-stud Alfa ever made, bar the 164)
gurgled happily, sounding much

9000 rims won't fit an '86 900. They would fit the post 1989 C900 ....
Mike P
Mike P ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<slaps forehead> I forgot they pissed around to that extent with the C900... Wasn't it '87ish, though, when the slant nose came in?
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

The slant nose came in, but the underpinnings (front wheel handbrake etc) didn't change until 89.... I've just (foolishly?) bought another. Couldn't find a nice XM for what cash I had to spare :-(
Mike P ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah.
I likes 'em.
Did a lot of my learning to drive in my mother's '86 900i 5-dr, had the '87 900i 2-dr that we took to Africa, and my brother had a late 16v. He's got a Vectra900 now, but he never did have any taste.

Should have said. There's usually plenty about. I can think of a couple of decent ones at the mo, depending on budget.
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

I think they're fantastic cars :-) I've an addiction to the turbo models. There's not many cars can carry an entire 2CV running gear,, axles, wings and front seats insde it at "those speeds" ..well apart from big Citroens..

Only looking to spend around 6-700 at the moment, and I want to drive, not fix ;-) Well, at least be able to fix it without losing my mind... I don't think I could have picked up a decent xm that didn't need much for that sort of money. My last P-reg one was 800 with 220k on it..
Mike P
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

Facelift was Oct '86 (for 87 model year) 9000 hubs and brakes came in Oct '87.
Pre '87 is 4x4.5 PCD
Post '87 is 4x108 (same as Ford etc)
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

My July 88 registered 900 8V turbo had the earlier type hubs and brakes. Slant nose.
MIke