"Elmo" keys for Austin Goodwood

A friend is trying to get a copy of a key for his Austin 14 Goodwood, 1938.

The key is marked "Elmo" and he understands that it was one of a fairly limited batch made by M Mole and Sons of Birmingham. A local locksmith (with a comprehensive range) had no suitable blank.

Has anyone any suggestions on possible sources?

John Geddes Derbyshire

Reply to
John Geddes

Assuming a blank is unnobtainable, you should be able to get a 1 off blank machined by a small engineering jobbing shop. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I can't believe they havn't got a blank which could be made to fit. Often strange section keys can be made to fit by removing ridges from standard blanks.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Has he tried

? No connection, and never used them, but they advertise in the usual comics.

I presume he's tried Beswick's at Allenton? Key cutting and car spares in the same shop, but again I've only used them for modern stuff.

Reply to
Autolycus