Excalibur limited for sale

For my good friend in Spain, I am ofering you one of the most exclusive cars in the world, his Excalibur Limited sportscar nr. 11 of 100. )As far as I know, only 40 were made by the factory in Milwaukee'. In new condition. Made in 1993, registered 1995. He only drove about 7000 km. Location south of Spain. Full options. Only serious buyers are welcome to react.

All papers and pictures can be mailed on request.

Reply to
EasyRider

So, is this car #11 of 40 or #11 of 100?

Reply to
Simon H

One hopes so. Awful Mustang (Fox platform) based thing IIRC.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You have no idea what sort of images that brought into my head..... 'Fox platform' suggested some bastardised small VW ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Not the same as the Excalibur SS, then? Jag V12 engine?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It made me think of the Simpsons, Homer's car.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nah - Reliant pickup.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Almost certainly not the same thing.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You have no idea how right you are (or maybe you do...)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

And if it's not one of those, it's one of a range of FOUL pastiche cars

- including the Excalibur SS, which is a 'replica' (if you're David Blunkett) of a Mercedes SSK powered by a 289ci Studebaker engine...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Officially it is nr. 11 of 100. But as far as I know, but I am not sure, they made about 40 of these in Milwaukee and then the factory went broke and was taken over by a German factory.

Reply to
EasyRider

: You have no idea how right you are (or maybe you do...) : :

Oh. My. Gawd.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

It's what Steady Barker dubbed a Repellicar.

OTOH such things serve a purpose. They alert you to the presence of people you really don't want to meet.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Heh. I've a friend who has a Lynx replica of a D-type. We were chatting about Jags in general in a pub with some other people and the landlord was earwigging. He heard us mention the replica and insisted on showing us his "replica" Jaguar.

A fiberglass XK150 (ish) look alike with running gear from a Sierra, engine from a Sierra and trimmed throughout in luxurious vinyl. Instruments taken from a Cortina from the looks of it.

Apparently it's offensive to burst out laughing when you see a car as hideous as that one was.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Lynxes. Mmmmm. always been tempted by their Eventer, too

Horp.

I once was unfortunate enough to be shown what purported to be a Type 35 Bugatti replica. On a VW Beetle kipper. With the Beetle engine sticking out on either side of the tail. One day I may be able to forget it. I'd have laughed if I'd not been frozen with horror.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

I think that's very similar to the horrors Excalibur produced in the past; you'll note the Beetle indicators again... and they did make a Fauxgatti.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

The Eventer is a tad too hearselike for me, although it did make an excellend hearse in Robert Altman's Brewster McCloud.

My own favourites are the lightweight E-type and the XKSS.

Reply to
Steve Firth

When I was a teenager my neighbour was constructing a fibreglass Ferrari

308 on a beetle chassis. Biggest wheels I've ever seen this side of a 4x4 (this was in 1980, before low profiles became common). The only way he could get his Recaros to the right position was by fabricating drop floorpans, which then hung below the car! Take that over modern speedbumps and you'd rip your backside out!
Reply to
Chris Bolus

Ah. Yes. I remember those. There were a whole range of repellicars which could be (more or less) fitted to the Beetle chassis, once the rest of the Beetle had rotted away. ISTR (though I'd rather not) a GT40 "copy", and something else swoopy that looked like a Marcos on really bad drugs.

Harsh, but probably fair - considering the evidence.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Not a patch on Harold & Maude's hearse(s) though. An E-type hearse is right on my list of "unlimited funds" projects.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK