Do you mean like the ones' shown here?

Richard Web pages:

- caravanning,
- personal web site and
I loves the domain name for email.

Reply to
Richard Cole

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@aber.ac.uk (Andrew Robert Breen) saying something like:

Nova. 70s chic. For some unknown reason they were mostly purple and trimmed in repellant fur.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was the only thing that'd stick to the GRP.

I think the Nova (kit car) is still in production; the latest Saab concept 'copies' the canopy system.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

snipped-for-privacy@aber.ac.uk (Andrew Robert Breen) realised it was 2 Jun 2006 12:20:52

+0100 and decided it was time to write:

The one I remember most from my misspent youth:

Yippee

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember RichardK saying something like:

I knew a bloke who bought one years after they were in vogue. It never actually ran on the road, despite him owning it for several years. One day he was installing some choons with the canopy down and inadvertently blew a fuse somewhere - result, the canopy wouldn't unlock, since the latches were solenoid operated and the fuse supplied them too.

He was outside his house, locked in this horrible purple car for several hours until his missus came home later and got a neighbour to rummage around and fix the underbonnet fuse.

That was pretty much the final insult - the car disappeared shortly afterwards.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That reminds me of the chap who had one of those 3-wheeled Messerschmitts where you got in or out by swinging the whole canopy up and to one side. He used to keep it in a converted chicken house that only just fitted the car, so he had to climb out first, then push the car in.. This was fine until coming home late one night slightly worse for wear he drove straight in. Unfortunately, being one of the earlier examples of the marque to reach these shores, it didn't have any reversing mechanism...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Ah. Yes. Those things. That's what I was remembering.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen