Humber super snipe

Hi can any one help me out my 1961 humber super snipe is taking in air in t he fuel pump but it one full steel pipe into the tank I can see long bubble in the clear pipe going to the pump it fine till it need a lot of fuel I h ave checked all the pipe work to the tank and recondition the pump any help would be much appreciated thanks

Reply to
pjdonnellan51

My first thought is to check the join between the steel pipe and the clear one.

My second thought is to check the sealing washer between the pump body and lid which gives access to the filter inside (assuming it is a mechanical pump).

My third thought is to check where the steel pipe fits to the fuel tank.

I am not familiar with the Super Snipe, but these checking points are the most likely problem areas on most cars.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Not really sure some air in a fuel pipe matters much with a carb car? Other than suggesting the pump isn't really up to the job?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)