I have a simular problem on my 2000 mgf steptronic

my one goes off from start quite nicely but get up to 55 mph it goues into limp mode and engine speeds up to 4500 revs if i stop imediatly turn off engine it goes back to normal but i have to keep it belpy 50 mph the car had a new steptronig cearbox fitted in 2009 since then the car has ony travelled 500 miles i ger a code next to the mile meter with f d flashing when driveing iv had this analyised and been told its the code P0722 which indecates the speed sensor iv taken it into an old rover mg dealer in canterbury and they are fitting a new one tomorrow at a cost of 350 mind you they have said there is no garentee that it will cure it. What do you think anf further idears please. regards trevor

Reply to
trevor

And again, but in English this time?

Ahhh, this explains so much.

Ideas... scrap it. They were s**te when new, over a decade later I can't see it'll have got any better.

Reply to
SteveH