MGF 1998 AC problem

Hi all

Just got myself a MGF 1998 Abingdon ( sweet )

Is thier a known problem with the air con leaking water inside into the floor.

if so any help would great

oh i do live in Australia Brisbane Queennsland

Many Thanks

Glenn

snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au

Reply to
Earth

A/C in an MGF? Take the roof off! P

Reply to
Pointer

Sometimes it's just too damned hot, and it does get warm in Oz. We were in the south of France this summer and it was far too hot to have the top down. Back window out and side windows down for air and the top up for some shade.

I wished I'd had A/C I can tell you.

Reply to
Nick Mason

The knowing aircon problem is the that the drainhose is blocked. A simple way to resolve this problem is to cut a bigger slit in the end of the hose.

Locate and modify evaporator drain hose from inside vehicle:

· Pull away footwell carpet adjacent to

air-conditioning evaporator just enough

to expose drain hose to floor exit point.

· Pull drain hose out of floor but leave

connected to evaporator.

· use scissors to cut two relief slits in either

side of drain hose spout.

· Refit hose to floor. · Refit carpet.

Greeting

Torsten

Reply to
Torsten Ohms

I give that a go on the week-end but for now I don't use the A/C

Thanks for advice

Glenn

Reply to
Earth