Interior cover.

Now I've done up the seats and replaced the carpets on the SD1 I was wondering about covering them up from the sun - obviously only when not in use - as the car is parked on the road in full sun for most of the day. But what to use? A standard well washed dustsheet? Or anything more sophisticated that preferably takes up little room when folded?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would be interested in the answer as well as I don't have any cover for a car I'm fetching Saturday. Does anybody have any thoughts on these all over breathable car covers I see advertised in PC for instance.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I was thinking more of an interior cover - just for seats and dash etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An all over cover does scratch the paint when its being removed/replaced or air movement.

Reply to
Rob

Why not make up some sunscreens for all the windows? Get some thermal blackout blind material and cut it to shape, then attach some suction cups or velcro fastenings to the edges and attach to all windows when not in use.

This has the added benefit of keeping it a little less hot inside in summer so when you use it it's a bit cooler to get into.

I suspect the rearmost side windows may be a bit fiddly to get at but maybe through the hatch?

Reply to
Richard Polhill

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) wittered on forthwith;

Couple of blankets.

Reply to
Pete M

Do it Aus style and cover the dash and seats in horrific carpet style covers...

Reply to
Doki