Keeping the water out... leak sealer ??

HI All

Does anybody know if there's a leak-sealing product that can be used on older cars to keep the rain _outside- rather than letting it find its way _inside_ ??

My '64 Morris Traveller has one or two little places where persistent rain (which we sometimes get out here in the far South-West of Ireland!) finds its way in - particularly in & around the windscreen / bonnet area

- and I seemed to recall that there used to be a thin, clear 'mastic' that could be applied to such areas and would 'wick' into any gaps...

Did I dream that - I seem to get blank looks everywhere I ask - and my knees are getting wet, waiting

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

There used to be a clear liquid in a tube called Windscreen Sealer which would seal gaps between rubber and its surroundings.

If you dilute Waxoil with white spirit, it will wick its way between metal joints and then set.

But my guess is that the drain in the bottom of the air intake is not taking the water away quick enough and the water level rises enough to allow some spillage into the car via the heater. The other problems would still show some leakage even when the rain is not persistent.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Are you by any chance thinking of Captain Tolley? Try Googling it.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

I've used a product called Comma Seek 'N' Seal in the past with good results. Cured the exact same problem with a Jag XJ6C. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks for the suggestions. Capt. Tolley's it has to be - if only for the name ! Even manage to order some online just now - great.....

Many thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I used Seak'n'Seal. It's good as long as the gaps aren't to large. I seem to remember that it sealed itself up eventually.

dan

Reply to
Dan Smithers