Painting garage floor.

I'm in the process of building a wood garage for my 1948 Vauxhall 14 and had the raft power floated to get a nice smooth surface. I intend doing the floor with floor paint but after googling "Floor Paint" I find that the majority of manufacturers don't recommend using paint on a power floated floor without etching it first. Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience before I proceed.

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

This firm has several products:

. I haven't studied what they have, but certainly on the home page there is no mention of etching before use. The might be worth a look Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Etching is mainly for older dirty floors, to get them clean.

Reply to
Rob.

Etching is necessary on a new concrete floor if you're going to epoxy it.

Reply to
Dean Dark

There is a paint for such its a clear sealer, can't think of the name, something like rock????, this will seal the floor and stop the oil from getting into the concrete.

Floor paint tends get damaged and needs repainting.

Reply to
Rob

Easy method for a new floor is to thin the epoxy with the correct thinners about 60% and apply with an exterior grade roller. Making it this fluid allows it to seep into the porous concrete surface and key properly. I did this when my workshop was built 3 years ago and it's been fine ever since, with roughly 20 car movements a week. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I painted my garage floor when it was newly laid - well, about 6 months after it was newly laid - 8 years ago. A coat of sealer, as I recall, then two coats of nice green floor paint from the local builders' merchant. It has held up perfectly ever since, with no damage or deterioration anywhere.

Ian

Reply to
Ian