Keeping warm in an open car with no heater?

Yes, your bottom half should stay fairly warm. Take some RainX or whatever its called to make the rain flow off the screen better. It will blow round the side and into your lap, but at least you will be able to see.

Good luck

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

rotflmao... :-)

I had a WW2 army issue one, perfect for the job... (Army surplus stores used to be a great place for _practical_ clothing. I see Silverman's is still going, I used to buy stuff from him yonks ago!)

Reply to
Stan Barr

In the Morgan the rain used to blow round and hit us in the back of the neck. Strange thing, aerodynamics...

Being a long-haired guitar player my face used to get battered by my hair in the summer when I wasn't wearing a hat.

Reply to
Stan Barr

Be prepared for a few Frenchman crashing while laughing at you, and a few Italians crashing while doing a double take. At least the toll booths shouldn't be a problem.

For fastest use of toll booths, have a credit card ready, they all have "Card Only" lanes, marked Viacard or "Carte di Credito" in Italy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Interesting pics. I have seen a body shape very similar to that with a 2CV power unit. What is in the front of yours?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Jim Warren ( snipped-for-privacy@OMITblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Lomax 223 (three wheel) or 224 (four wheel)

Reply to
Adrian

Full face lid. End of story. I've driven a screenless countless times car in the cold with no lid. Glasses don't even come close, and every tiny drop of rain is a bullet at anything above 20mph.

Put it this way, if you don't bring helmets with you, you would give all of the money in the world for them once you're into the journey.

See the following pics for graphic details of why I think like this. The occupants of the cars will confirm as well. P.S. Not me in any of the pics - I was the idiot organiser of the day...

Bob Sherunckle

Not neccesary. The car in question has a screen, which will probably cover its backside with water when it rains (RainX on both sides by the way). You don't want to be peering through yet another layer of (we hope) transparent stuff and when you have decided to discard the helmet where on earth are you going to put it?

I've never been daft enough to drive a completely screen less car anywhere, but I've covered a few hundred miles on road and track behind an aeroscreen. Keeps rain out the face, but not much else. Following another car up the hill from Knickerbrook at Oulton Park was like having one's face shot-blasted and a bumble bee on the cheek at around the ton hurts a bit. But it's nice when you stop...

Anyone who drives without a windscreen in ordinary glasses needs his head examining. Goggles with shatterproof lenses please.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

That's why the old Ton-Up boys on their bikes used to wrap a silk scarf round the bottom part of the face - the old MkVIII goggles protected to top part. No helmet mind...

I've been hit in the glasses by a 9mm cartridge case going at quite a lick, took a chip out of the lens but it didn't shatter it.

Reply to
Stan Barr

Hehe, well, maybe not *just* a trilby, but you know what I meant. No goggles etc etc, although I do once remember seeing a fleet of 4 going along the high street in heavy rain and that time they were wearing big mackintosh poncho (sp?) style overjackets but still with the trilby hats! Badger.

Reply to
Badger