Less steep ramp stands available?

Does anybody know of a brand of wheel ramps that are suitable for cars with lower ground clearance or with a deep chin spoiler, such the SD1 Vitesse?

I had some ramps some time ago but their angle was too steep - the chin grounded on the ramps before the front wheels got there. I've yet to see a brand of ramp that is appropriate. Any ideas?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

"Michael Kilpatrick" wrote in message news:4165bbed$0$15112$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

either use a decent trolley jack then put the ramps under or just add a short plank to the front of the ramp

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

If I want the whole car (SD1) raised, I do it the opposite way round. Driven wheels climb a ramp easier, so the back goes on the ramps, and the front on axle stands.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think there are any. With my TR7 I jacked up the front in stages using a trolley jack, blocks of wood and axle stands. When high enough, I put the ramps under the front wheels, one ramp normal, the other reversed so no chance of the car moving. Then use the axle stands at the rear.

Pete W

Reply to
Pete W