Getting a 1976 Jeep and extras

I'm joining the ranks of proud jeep owners. I found a good deal on a 1976 with a v-8 engine. I'm not sure which category it fits under yet because I going to pick it up this weekend. It has a fiberglass tub, new bestop top, bra top, new seats, and I dnot remember the engine size. either 307 or 370 (i'm kinda new to it.)

Right now it has 35" tires on it and the appropriate lift kit. The tires and rims are like new and I do not believe that it has been driven much since the lift kit was installed. I am going to lower it down and sell the

35" tires, wheels, and lift kit. I live in NE Ohio. I'm sure there are some opinions as to where to advertise these items for sale. I was thinking about ebay but, it would need to be picked up 'cause I'm not going to ship them. Anybody have any other good ideas?

Thanks

Chip

Reply to
Chip

Did I just hear "I am going to lower it down"??? Let the floggings begin! Sounds like a cool Jeep you will have fun with it. Just think twice before you take off the lift and tires, for the majority of us those are the good things you can do with a jeep. But there are always different strokes for different folks. If you lived closer to Utah I would talk to you about the parts you are taking off.

Reply to
Rusted

I do not have much choice, I want it to fit into the garage. I dont plan on doing any serious 4-wheeling. My dad bought an 84 and restored it very nicely. We just love it, I just had to have one.

Thanks for your reply.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

The better option might be to raise the garage. :-)

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
RoyJ