MGB original 1974 hood/ information wanted

Dear all,

I am looking for an original MGB 1974 hood.

The ones I found for sale on MG clubs around Britain have a cotton fibre material on the inside.

This has nothing to do with the one we have in our car, which has vinyl material both on the inside and on the outside.

This was the original hood that came with the car, but everybody I talk to insists this is NOT an original hood, and that they have never seen anything like it.

If anyone knows were I can buy a hood like the one we have, or can provide any information about this kinds of hoods and why people over here (Britain) don't seem to know what I am talking about please reply.

sincerely, B.

Reply to
B. Marques

B, you didn't specify whether it is an early (chrome bumber) or late (rubber bumber) model. 1974 was the changeover year. My 1974 chome bumber model, which I have had for 25 years this month, is my everyday car, and I brought to New Zealand when we moved from the UK 10 years ago, has the original hood still rolled up as I prefer a hardtop. It has NO lining and is vinyl inside and out. Conversely, the tonneau cover, unused in the boot, has a grey material lining. Neither for sale, and supplies here would come from Moss so I don't know what they might be like. Can you not have one made to your requirements? There used to be firms in the UK who made them on request. Peter C.

Reply to
cornelp