Hood wanted

I'm just getting the perpetual project on the road and I would like to keep the fingers of on lookers off the engine of my Baja bug as much as possible. I'm looking for a hood that is in perhaps less than great condition as I'm going to scallop off the lower 1/3 or so. I plan to use Pin type hood locks on the sides to hold it down.

Anybody else here try this? I have a small fortune in this engine and the last engine in this car was vandalized. I'd like to make it as hard to screw with as possible.

Anyway if anybody here has a hood that is beat up but will still hinge up and down ok, shoot me a price and we can talk turkey.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Tony I have 50 parts cars most in the 60's but I do have late models also, E-mail me what year you need and I'm sure we can work something out.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Where are you?

Shipping from Calif to Timbuktoo may be a little expensive!!

Reply to
Karl

In in Oregon a few miles south of Portland on I5.

T> Where are you?

Reply to
Anthony W

Where are you, Anthony?

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Tualatin, Oregon.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Ach. A little too far from here to be cost-effective. Sorry.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Give Steve a call at Averre's in Longview. It's worth a try! -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

As far as I know. No one, I mean no one will ship a hood. Its too bulky. Possibly maybe commerial air freight will do it, but I imagine its cost prohibitive. Thats why anyone that has a hood tries to rape you for it.

I've been there. Eventually I found one at a pull it yourself junkyard.

Reply to
Funkie

Thanx, I'll hit the wrecking yards when we get the next dry day here in Oregon...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

They ship stuff like this all the time in the US. No problem. 'course, it helps to pack it properly. Ship by rail and it's even affordable.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

I usually ship stuff like this by FedEx ground and it's pretty cheap.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Greyhound bus works very well also.

Reply to
Karl

Pshaw! You're pulling my leg! There's no way a Greyhound bus hood will work on a bug. ;)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I just shipped a cargo floor for the 1964 21 windowI'm working on from Ca. to NC via grayhound, It was cheap for it because of the size but a hassle also becase it was hard for them to put it on some of the buses so it took 2 weels to get here.

Reply to
Kafertoys

It was hard to put on the greyhound buses because they are so tall. They should have put it in the bus, in the lower compartments..... a lot easier :)

Reply to
Karl