Morris Minor.

I am looking for a Morris Minor, that has been renovated to a high standard. I'm not looking for somut for nowt and quite willing to pay a fair price for a nice vehicle. I am in South Yorkshire and because of ill health my days of climbing under cars are over and that is the reason for wanting the hard work already done.

Please send details to snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

Thank you.

George.

Reply to
George

FWIW, I think Charles Ware at the Bath Minor Centre

is "straight". If you tell him what you are looking for he will find/price one for you. You will probably pay 15-20% more than for a private sale in the same condiiton but you will get a guarantee and good back up. I know Bath isn't South Yorks but it is on a directish rail link so you could travel down and have fun driving the new Minor home. Good luck anyway.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Amey

MGM spares might be worth asking. They don't sell cars, but they do sell parts and are in South Yorkshire - Doncaster to be precise.

Also get in touch with the owners club
if you're intent on a Minor you ought to join anyway. They are sure toknow where you can buy good examples. I used to work with Ray Newell,who wrote the definite book "Original Morris Minor", and he lives inNorth Notts, not too far from South Yorks.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I live in Bath and go past the Morris Minor Centre now and again. There are usually a couple of nice saloons, a Traveller and sometimes a convertible out the front. Ware has his own restoration workshop elsewhere in Bath, and a factory in Sri Lanka which makes all the parts he needs.

So you get a very good restoration, but he is certainly not cheap. I have never heard any complaints about cars bought from him, apart from the price. But most of us spend more on restoring and maintaining our classics than the resale value of the car. He makes a business out of it, and recovers his costs.

I have never bought anything from Wares (I'm not a fan of Minors, but I know people who are), and have no connection with the company. But the Ware family has been operating in Bath since Wares Garages opened in the 1920s, so they must be doing something right.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

A big thank you to all who have taken the time to post replies. I have much more information now and sure should be able to find a nice car.

Again thanks.

George.

Reply to
George